Chances are that we all knew someone in high school that seemed above all the nonsense that is high school.
- They weren’t concerned with popularity or sports or hair or fashion or whatever was trendy at that moment.
- They were who they were and seemed to be walking along a path that none of the rest of us even knew existed.
- They had their own style and identity yet held no hard feelings toward anyone else’s.
- They were somehow both a part of the moment and apart from it.
- They were “in” even though nothing about them checked any of the “in” boxes.
This is hari mari, a flip flop company that takes flip flop passion to a whole new level.
This is hari mari, a flip flop company that takes flip flop passion to a whole new level. My hari mari “Dunes” flip flops in navy, light blue and orange arrived very casually inside a clear plastic bag stashed within a plain white cardboard box.
In hindsight, this was a sign of the cool confidence that I would soon learn is at the core of hari mari flip flops. It is all about the flip flop.
They have an Ocean Pacific, Hobie, and Members Only brand look to them but not in the conspicuous hipster retro way that is all the rage.
The Dunes are thoughtfully designed both in appearance and function.
For example, the toe post (the part of the strap that goes between the toes) is made of seamless memory foam so that there is no rubbing or chafing. This is a game changer.
Gone are the often long and painful break-in periods of a new flip flop. It’s pure genius.
Flip Flop Verdict
Overall Performance — 4.8 out of 5
Any summertime event or outing. The world is your oyster in these beauties
Fit – 5
Perfect, no toe curl
Style – 4.5
Traction – 4.5
Solid in both wet and dry
Comfort – 5
Seamless memory foam toe post and memory foam footbed are game changers
Dudeness – 5+
They even donate 1% of their proceeds to help fight cancer. Proof that flip flops can save lives.